Fall Recipes for Your West Lake Houston Apartment
Even if the leaves aren’t turning yet and the cool, crisp air hasn’t arrived, as soon as September hits, it’s never too early to get started on your fall recipes! Whether you plan on entertaining or enjoying a quiet evening in your West Lake Houston apartment, check out these 5 recipes sure to impress anyone’s taste buds this fall season.
Pumpkin Chorizo Pizza
This easy dinner recipe is a delicious choice to feed 3-4 people who are in the fall mood! Of course, you can double/triple the recipe if you have more mouths to feed.
- Choose your pizza dough based on your dietary needs (gluten free options available!), coat with olive oil, and add your toppings!
- In a separate bowl, combine sliced pumpkin, chorizo, parsley, onion pepper, lemon zest, half of the called-for Gruyere, and desired seasoning.
- Coat your pizza dough with the topping mixture, and cover with the remaining Gruyere.
- Bake 10-15 minutes on a cookie sheet at 475 degrees, serve, and enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
While this Pioneer Woman recipe gives directions on how to make your cinnamon rolls from scratch (yum) it can be modified to use pre-made dough to save some time! With a filling made of butter, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and pecans, AND a frosting made of cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, butter, maple extract, and pecans, how could it not turn out delicious?!
- For supplies, you will need 1-2 round baking dishes or pie pans, and an electric mixer for your icing and filling.
- Whether you make the rolls yourself or use pre-made dough, you will coat it with your filling mixture, and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- As soon as they are taken out of the oven, you will coat with your icing and allow it to melt for the maximum flavor experience!
Another one of our favorites from Pioneer Woman, make this fall favorite Pumpkin Ravioli recipe in 20 minutes or less!
- To create your filling, you will need butter, garlic, pumpkin puree, salt, and chili powder.
- Combine and cook in a skillet for 4-5 minutes, and remove from heat while making your ravioli.
- The ravioli is just as easy to make as the filling! You’ll only need pine nuts, butter, wonton wrappers, an egg, and black pepper, parmesan, and sage leaves to taste.
- After toasting your pine nuts in a separate skillet from your filling, coat your wonton wrappers in egg and add in your filling.
- Use a separate wonton wrapper to cover, and press the edges together firmly to create your ravioli. Be sure to push out any air pockets that may form to ensure evenly cooking!
- Boil your completed raviolis for 2-3 minutes, and serve with browned butter, pine nuts, salt, pepper, and parmesan to taste!
Chocolate Pecan Pie
Whether you choose to make your own pie crust or use a store bought crust, this Pioneer Woman pie recipe is sure to become a fall favorite!
- To make the yummy, fudgy filling, you will need sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, dark corn syrup, maple syrup, butter, 3 eggs, vanilla extract, pecan halves, chocolate chips (semisweet or dark!), and flaky sea salt if desired. Don’t worry – the end result will be worth all the ingredients!
- After lining your pie plate and lightly baking your pie crust, you’ll add in your filling, and can sprinkle some extra chocolate chips on the top to add a little more sweetness.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes, or until the filling is puffed up.
- To add a sweet-and-saltiness to your pie, sprinkle it with sea salt after removing it from the oven.
BONUS: Apple Bourbon Fizz Cocktail
We couldn’t leave this list without a fall cocktail to add to these delicious recipes!
- All you’ll need for this easy fall-favorite drink is apple butter, bourbon, and ginger ale or ginger beer – either works, so use whatever you prefer! And of course, some cinnamon and sugar for the rim. You can even add some fresh figs for garnish.
- To add a little more sweetness, you can coat the rim of your glass with caramel syrup, or to add a citrus kick, orange, lemon, or lime are all great liners!
- Then, dip in your cinnamon and sugar mixture to evenly coat the rim of your glass.
- Next, fill a shaker glass with ice, add 3 tablespoons of apple butter, 2 ounces of bourbon, and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Shake for 30 seconds before pouring into your coated glass, and fill the rest of the way with ginger beer or ginger ale.
- Now is also the time to add that fig garnish, if you’re feeling fancy!
With so many delicious options to choose from, welcome the fall season into your apartment near Humble in the yummiest way! For full directions of these fall favorites, visit their linked recipes and get cooking!
If you found this post helpful and you’d like to keep hearing all our tips and recommendations, you can bookmark our blog page for easy access to all our upcoming blogs. If you don’t want to miss out on community events, updates, or special promotions at our apartments off West Lake Houston Parkway, follow us on Instagram!